Governance at Alsop High School
Our Local Governing Body is a committee of the Omega Multi-Academy Trust Board. Their main responsibility is to determine the aims and overall conduct of the school with a view to promoting high standards of educational achievement. Our Governors ensure that our school is well run and help to decide on the direction, focus and ethos of the school along with the Headteacher and staff.
Our Local Governing Body represents school staff, parents and the local community. This means that school decisions are made by people with a wide range of experience and views. They conduct termly, full governing body formal meetings in addition to committee or working groups.
The specific duties of Governing Body include;
- to support the Headteacher and Senior Leadership Team in setting long term plans for the school
- to support and challenge the school in its efforts to provide the best possible education for all students
- to hold the school to account for the decisions that it makes
- to monitor health and safety and the management of the premises
- to link with specific teaching staff to monitor the quality of education
Should you wish to find out more about becoming a Governor please feel free to make contact via the school office.
Five Co-opted Governors
Appointed by the Trust Board of Omega Multi-Academy Trust on 23rd November 2022 for a four-year term of office:
- Joanne Campbell
- Brendan Conboy (Chair of Governors)
- Rev Fiona Pennie
- Andrew Ryan
- Jamie Moran
Two Parent Governors
Elected by parents from 23rd November 2022 for a four-year term of office:
- John Carrigan (Vice Chair of Governors)
Two Staff Governors
One ex-officio and one elected by staff from 23rd November 2022 for a four- year term of office:
- Paul Masher, Headteacher, ex-officio
- Andrea Dowling